Our Supporter Charter
We will do all that we can to earn and keep your trust, and we’ll never take your support for granted.
Photo: Leena Robinson / Shutterstock.com
OUR COMMITMENTS TO YOU
Our supporters are vital to our success. Your generosity enables us to achieve long-lasting, meaningful outcomes for animals. That’s why we promise to treat you – and everyone else who crosses our path – with the greatest respect at all times.
When you donate to Animal Equality we promise to follow through on each of the commitments below.
WE WILL USE YOUR DONATION WISELY
- We devote our resources to research-based activities and animals are always at the heart of every decision that we make.
- We administer donations efficiently, putting your gift to work quickly.
- We maximise donations through Gift Aid, where eligibility and consent are agreed.
- We measure performance and evaluate our work regularly, ensuring we’re making the most of every penny.
- We can be flexible with your donation, so if you’re keen to support a particular area of our work let us know. It may not always be possible, but we’ll certainly do our best.
- We will gladly provide information on how our income is spent and answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
Photo: Patrick Jennings / Shutterstock.com
WE WILL HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE AND UPHOLD THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
- We achieve efficient and cost-effective administration by regularly optimising our processes and ensuring that they comply with UK laws.
- We recognise and nurture excellence through our streamlined recruitment and training processes, and supportive working environment. We want our staff and volunteers to deliver the best service that they can.
- We love to hear your views about what we’re doing well and how we might improve. All communication – be it positive or negative – will be dealt with seriously, swiftly and in a timely manner and we have a structured complaints process in place.
Photo: Annie Spratt / Shutterstock.com
WE WILL PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We would never sell or share your information with any third party unconnected to Animal Equality.
Photo: Erika J Mitchell / Shutterstock.com
WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED
- Unless asked otherwise, we’ll update you on our latest news and successes, and how your donation is helping to achieve a better world for animals.
- We will be honest about the challenges that we face and how you can further support our campaigns. We will never pressure you to make a donation and, if you do not want to give again, we will respect your wishes.
Photo: marvent / Shutterstock.com
WE WILL SHOW INTEGRITY
- We are respectful, pragmatic and progressive when engaging with others, so as to forge meaningful relationships and effect long-lasting positive change.
- We are transparent in our communications; we do not exaggerate or embellish.
- Using sound science to inform our decisions and outreach, we aim to dispense current, accessible and honest information.
- We strive to ensure that our fundraising activities and campaigns meet our own values.
- Always thrilled to hear from our supporters or volunteers, we will respond to your messages in a timely, professional and consistent way every time.
- If we are concerned that someone may be in a vulnerable situation affecting his / her capacity to make a decision to support us, we will do all that we can to protect that supporter. Please contact us via [email protected] to learn more about our policy on this matter.
Photo: Stephanie Frey / Shutterstock.com
OUR MISSION IS TO END CRUELTY TOWARDS FARMED ANIMALS
With offices in eight countries, the sun never sets on our work. We work tirelessly for a world in which all animals are respected and protected. If you too believe in our mission, please consider supporting our work. You can become a donor today!