Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Chair of the Board of Trustees
Position Location: Kennington, Central London, England
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
Animal Equality is an international organisation working with society, governments, and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals.
With an exemplary leadership style and excellent decision-making abilities, the appointed candidate should demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial flair. They should be media savvy with a growth mindset and strategic outlook. The candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar leadership position with in-depth knowledge of best practices in management;
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues and an adherence to a vegan lifestyle;
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally c. 6-7 weeks per annum.
- Lead, supervise and inspire a team of seven to deliver Animal Equality’s vision;
- Oversee the charity’s strategic direction and financial plans, in line with Animal Equality’s overarching organisational objectives;
- Keep abreast of key legislation and ensure that all employer and charity obligations are followed;
- Handle media relations, secure impactful press coverage and promote a positive public profile;
- Develop meaningful relationships with supporters, influencers and others within the animal protection arena.
The deadline for applications is 5pm UK time on Friday 2nd August 2019.
To apply, please submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- A letter detailing:
– Why do you want to work for Animal Equality?
– What skills and experience do you possess that make you uniquely qualified for this role?
– Describe your leadership style.